Participation in the Quality Academy
Participants completing the Quality Academy will receive a certificate of participation from the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council. Participants are expected to meet the following requirements to obtain certification:
- attendance at all residency sessions (with exceptions for extraordinary circumstances such as illness);
- presentation of project results and completion of a written project summary at the end of the program; and
- demonstration of progress towards the aim of their project by the end of the program.
In addition, participants will be expected to:
- actively participate in all residency sessions and webinars;
- complete monthly project summaries to be shared with Faculty Mentor and Executive Sponsor;
- complete group assignments and tasks related to the development of their project as required; and
- participate in the evaluation of the Quality Academy program.
The Quality Academy is open to all members of BC’s public health care system. We encourage individuals from across the health system to apply including primary care and community services, acute care, residential and long-term care, palliative care, mental health and others.
The BC Patient Safety & Quality Council provides significant funding to support the program as part of its mandate to support education and capacity building for quality across the province. However, a registration fee of $1,995 plus taxes will be charged for all program participants.
Participants will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs for the residency sessions.
Time to Participate
During residency sessions, it is expected that participants will be free from official duties to maximize their learning opportunity. As well, participants will require adequate time and support during the 6 month program to dedicate to their quality project. This time will vary depending on the scope of the project chosen; however, experience suggests this is at least a half-day per week.
For more information please contact:
Administrative Assistant, BC Patient Safety & Quality Council