- Organization Vancouver Physician Staff Association
- Location Vancouver, BC
- Closing Date Open Until Filled
Full-Time Salaried Position (35 hours/week)
Facility Engagement is a joint provincial Ministry of Health, Health Authority and Doctors of BC initiative originating from the 2014 Physician Master Agreement. The Vancouver Physician Staff Association (VPSA) Facility Engagement Initiative (FEI) serves VGH, UBCH and GF Strong physicians including Vancouver Community affiliated physicians . The initiative’s goal is to create physician collaboration across departments, sites and Vancouver Community as well as with Health Authority leadership. The Facility Engagement Initiative also seeks to develop the “physicians’ voice” and assure active physicians’ participation in decision making around issues that matter to them, be it quality of patient care, working environment and resources allocation. More information on the Facility Engagement Initiative, the 2014 Memorandum of Understanding: Regional and Local Engagement can be found here.
Reporting to the Chair of the VPSA Facility Engagement Initiative and ultimately to the Board of Directors, Vancouver Physician Staff Association (VPSA) Society (the “Society”).
This dynamic fast-paced role offers flexibility, including working from home outside of scheduled in person meetings, as well as variety with diverse responsibilities including organizing and executing engagement events for the Community Building and Wellness subcommittee, and providing administrative and clerical support to the VPSA Engagement Working Group and its subcommittees. The role is both challenging and fulfilling, and will enable you to work in a collaborative environment with physicians and Vancouver Coastal Health. The role will include liaising with project leaders and teams to support them with meetings’ logistics; working closely with the Initiative’s Chair, managers, other contractors, and working groups.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Organize and Coordinate Engagement Events:
- Provide A to Z logistics from events planning to coordination, execution and attendance at engagement and wellness social venues. This includes organizing catering, room booking, sign-in sheet and name tags’ creation, and any other miscellaneous tasks necessary for the event.
- Responsible for bi-monthly poster distribution to various Administrative Assistants and physician champions, as well as posting in VGH elevators.
- Track RSVPs on an ongoing basis and liaise with Managers and Communications Consultant to ensure adequate attendance at upcoming meetings and events.
- Develop monthly listing of available wellness or community building activities to share with VPSA members. Work with the Communications Consultant to provide content for monthly VPSA Update and event posters.
- Liaise with the Chair of the Community Building and Wellness subcommittee on events or activities related to the committee.
- Assist with the preparation of reports on activities and projects carried out to present to the Board, Annual General Meeting Directors’ Report as well as for the SSC Facility Engagement Working Group.
- Attend Engagement Working Group meetings to report on progress, issues and concerns.
- Oversee physician invoicing in Facility Engagement Management Software (FEMS) for assigned subcommittees and their members.
- For eligible events, oversee invoicing by VPSA members for their attendance.
- Provide administrative support to the Engagement Working Group and its subcommittees as well as the individual project teams charged with delivering on the members’ priorities.
- Schedule meetings as required. This includes sending meeting invitations with relevant attachments, tracking & organizing RSVPs, booking rooms, A/V equipment, and catering requirements.
- Work with suppliers and maintain supplier relationships for events & meetings. Includes quote setup, review, finalization, payment, and post-event feedback.
- In coordination with the VCH administrative assistant, prepare agenda materials (photocopying, mailing, couriering, and emailing) relating to meetings, projects and events for distribution to participants.
- Monitor and order office and event supplies.
- Provide clerical support:
- Working closely with the VPSA team to ensure all meetings, events, and documents are coordinated and prepared efficiently.
- Maintain constructive and professional rapport with VCH physicians via email, phone, and in-person contact.
- Take minutes when required at the Engagement Working Group and at subcommittee meetings. This includes post-meeting edits to minutes and action items as required.
- Upload all catering invoices along with Visa receipts, contractor invoices, and any other receipts related to VPSA activity to the Supplier Invoices shared folder.
- Update FEMS (related to engagement activity) and QuickBooks (general overhead) tabs on Supplier Invoices spreadsheet.
- Prepare employee cheques and print invoices for Board Treasurer’s signature.
- Assisting the VPSA team with any analysis of data and report creation that is required (ex. Site Engagement Activity Tracker(SEAT)/Physicians’ Department or division Tracking, Budget reports for various events, VPSA Time-Off Tracker, etc.)
- Update and maintain the VPSA Google Drive for committees, events and internal operations. This includes creating and organizing all pertinent folders and their documents, as well as coordinating folders and documents locations and G-Drive structure.
- Assist in editing and uploading the VPSA SEAT on a quarterly basis
Skills and Qualifications
- High school graduation supplemented by business and/or secretarial courses equivalent to up to one year of study with at least 3-5 years related experience.
- Experience working with physicians and health authorities preferred.
- A solid track record in stakeholder engagement and experience working with multiple stakeholders and groups.
- Diplomatic problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional organizational, delegation, as well as great relationship building skills.
- Excellent written skills and proven ability to develop clear, concise and comprehensive reports and correspondence.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, meet tight deadlines and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Able to accurately account and track claims and financial transactions.
- Proven track record with organizing and coordinating successful events for up to 100 individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as needed but also as an important member of the team.
- Excellent computer skills required (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Knowledge of Eventbrite is an asset.
- Must be willing and able to travel, valid driver’s license required, and access to a car preferred.
- Early evening meetings will be required.
Interested candidates can email their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.