Chief Medical Information Officer
- Organization Fraser Health
- Location Surrey, BC
- Closing Date Open Until Filled
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centred around patients/clients/residents and families:
The Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO) is responsible for the medical leadership that advances the utilization of technology enabled medical and clinical information management to improve quality outcomes for patients across clinical operations and team based care within clinical operations and the interdisciplinary health care teams across Fraser Health, specifically providing medical staff leadership to roles such as Nurse Practitioners, Dentists, and Midwives.
In partnership with the Chief Clinical Information Officer, Chief Nursing Officer and Executive Director, Health Informatics and Clinical Solutions, the CMIO advises on strategies for development & design, implementation, benefits, change management & adoption, and utilization & evaluation of informatics solutions such as electronic medical records, electronic health records, computerized provider order entry, provider order management, electronic documentation, health information exchanges, virtual health and other communication and information systems used in the clinical settings across the care continuum. Ensures that strategies align with organizational objectives, that clinical needs are translated into technology solutions that optimize care quality and patient safety, and that innovation and development of a clinically appropriate information culture is championed.
Key Areas of Involvement Include:
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the development and implementation of policy and practice standards and the related processes to successfully integrate evidence based clinical standards of care, documentation standards, and clinical order sets into clinical practice.
- Lead collaborative work to standardize best practice clinical alerts clinical decision supports and patient safety surveillance within clinical information systems.
- Ensure consistent reporting standards are implemented and maintained.
- Champion, establish, evaluate and effect changes as needed to improve physician based data and information quality.
- Sponsor and lead the development, design and implementation of data and information workflows for patient safety priorities such as computerized provider order entry and electronic provider documentation.
- Lead and facilitate medical staff engagement in the design of clinical information management, workflows and systems to support excellence in patient care.
- Form collaborative relationships with internal as well as external partners such as Divisions of Family Practice, Primary Care, and Ministry of Health.
- Engages members of the interdisciplinary health care team and other key stakeholders, through effective change management leadership, to emphasize focus on clinical needs, maximize the adoption and usage of technology enabled solutions and related workflow processes, and advocate for adequate resources to support health professionals during system implementation.
- Participates and engages the medical staff to support the development of policy, practice standards, and related workflows/processes; information system design, adoption and meaningful use is integrated in clinical practice.
- Assigns leads and delegates medical staff members for committees and working groups aimed at the advancement of technology enabled quality and safety solutions.
Eligible for privileges and credentialing with Medical Affairs of Fraser Health. Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years recent, related clinical leadership experience in the health care sector including experience with electronic clinical systems, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.