Clinical Nurse Specialist, Seniors
- Organization Island Health
- Location To Be Determined
- Closing Date Open Until Filled
Temporary, full time.
Planned Start Date: January 18, 2021
Approximate End Date: July 4, 2022 (pending return of incumbent)
Hourly Rate: $46.62-$67.01
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (Seniors) collaborates with physicians, clinicians and leaders to plan and direct initiatives which support evidence-based care of older adults in all settings and relevant programs across Island Health.
The Clinical Nurse Specialist, a masters-prepared nurse with gerontology certification, contributes expertise towards the development of seniors health-related systems, programs and projects at local, regional, and provincial levels. The successful applicant consistently demonstrates exemplary communication skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master of Science in Nursing and seven (7) years’ experience in delivery of care to seniors across the continuum; leadership roles preferred. Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant. National certification in Gerontological Nursing.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated leadership ability and highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to client focused services and teamwork.
- Ability to integrate administrative, professional and operational aspects of the program throughout Island Health in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to develop and nurture an environment where quality improvement and patient safety principles are embraced and used on a continuous basis.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit Island Health Careers to apply for this position.
This position is open until filled.