Consultant, Patient Safety (Temp, FT)
- Organization Island Health
- Location Royal Jubilee Hospital - Victoria, BC V8R 1J8 CA (Primary)
- Closing Date April 13, 2021
Travel between multiple sights may be required.
Shift Start/End Time: 0800-1600 M-F
Salary Range: $39.91-$57.37 per hour.
Planned Start Date: May 17, 2021
Approx. End Date: January 28, 2022
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Manager, Patient Safety Consultant Team, the Consultant, Patient Safety works collaboratively within a team of quality and patient safety professionals to provide leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of an organizational Clinical Governance Structure. The Consultant works across the organization, utilizing capacity building strategies to enhance the skills, abilities, resources and commitment required to develop and implement a strong foundation for the provision of safe, quality care. The Consultant provides education and expert support for the application and integration of evidence-based systems and tools designed to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and sustainability of health services. The Consultant facilitates both prospective and retrospective quality improvement initiatives, including the interdisciplinary review of patient safety events and systems issues to assist clinical areas in making system-based recommendations and improvements, while ensuring consistency and standardization of related information flow.
Travel is a requirement of this position. Transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the Vancouver Island Health Authority in accordance with the service assignment and may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Education, Training and Experience:
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Masters’ degree in a related health discipline and seven (7) years’ recent related experience including two (2) years’ experience in quality improvement, development, implementation and evaluation.
Skill and Abilities:
- Educational preparation in quality improvement, certificate in quality improvement or equivalent training in the use of quality improvement methods and tools.
- Comprehend, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate complex information.
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Engage and develop partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Apply critical thinking to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Facilitate groups – to support their planning and decision-making with respect to service improvements.
- Facilitate solution-focused approaches through innovation and creativity.
- A strong commitment to collaborative, interdisciplinary teamwork, across programs and services.
- Model organizational values and principles.
- Implement capacity building strategies.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Effectively self-manage time as it relates to deadlines and workload.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to plan, prioritize and carry out work assignments within deadlines, together with analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Keyboarding and computer software knowledge (Microsoft Office Suite) as well as familiarity with internet and email systems.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
- Perform physical duties of the position.
Closing date: Tuesday, April 13, 2021.
Visit Island Health to apply.