- Organization BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Location Within BC
- Closing Date July 10, 2020
This career opportunity is posted on behalf of an external organization. Please read the job description for information about how to apply.
Are you a passionate educator? Do you want to be part of a team that will develop and implement a new education program review process for BC nursing education programs? Do you get excited about managing and improving processes?
If you answered YES, the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) is hiring an Education Advisor. The BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) has a great opportunity available for a regular full-time position of Education Advisor.
Working as an Education Advisor, you will provide support and advice to BCCNP recognized nursing education programs and course providers, registrants, faculty, and students regarding education program review (EPR). You will manage the EPR processes, assist education programs/course providers to understand and apply EPR policies and processes and understand entry-level competencies and Standards of Practice in the context of Education Standards and Indicators. You will work closely with the Education Consultants, supporting the Consultants on program reviews, exam and entry-level competencies development.
WHO WE ARE
BCCNP is the college empowered under the Health Professions Act to regulate the practice of all licensed practical nurses, registered nurses, registered psychiatric nurses and nurse practitioners in British Columbia. Regulation helps to protect the public by ensuring that professional care or service received by the public is competent, ethical and meets the standards that society views as acceptable.
At BCCNP each of us strives to meet our commitment to the following values to maintain a workplace that is respectful and supports the well-being of every BCCNP employee:
- Trust is essential
- Better together
- Speak the truth
- Protect the public
- Stay curious
As a member of the team, you can expect to be treated in a respectful and professional manner. While your workload will be busy, the College supports staff in achieving a healthy work-life balance.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Reporting to the Deputy Registrar, Education, Practice & Regulatory Learning (EP&RL), and working closely with the Education Consultants, the Education Advisor provides support and advice to LPN, RPN, RN and NP nursing education programs and providers regarding EPR policies, processes and preparing for program review.
- Providing information to new education programs on the education program review policies and processes
- Collaborating with the Education Consultants to conduct education program reviews including reviewing Interim Reports, Self-Evaluation Reports, Site Visit Reports
- Under the direction of the Education Consultants, managing activities related to Site Visits to education programs including recruiting and orienting site visitors and coordinating logistics with the education program
- In collaboration with Education Consultants, managing Education Program Review Committee (EPRC) and Panels including setting meeting dates, recruiting panel members, agendas, meeting packages
- Assisting the Deputy Registrar, EP&RL and Education Consultants on strategic initiatives of the program such as exam development, dissemination of entry-level competencies and policy implementation, and the operationalization of these program elements
- In collaboration with the EPR team, supporting the maintenance of an inquiry, concerns, complaints process
- Assessing, triaging and responding to inquires/concerns/complaints from external stakeholders/public regarding BCCNP recognized education programs referring complex inquiries/concerns and complaints to Education Consultants or Deputy Registrar, EP&RL
- Developing and maintaining resources to assist education programs to understand entry-level competencies and Standards of Practice in the context of EPR
- Developing and updating templates used by education programs for EPR
- Recruiting, screening, and selecting, in consultation with the Education Consultant, registrants to participate in exam development activities
- Developing with the EPR Team dissemination plans and communication strategies including the Educator Newsletter to inform education programs, and other key stakeholders about BCCNP program activities – EPR, exam development and entry-level competencies
YOUR EDUCATION & SKILLS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in nursing required. Master’s Degree in nursing, education or a related field preferred
- Five to seven years of experience in nursing positions and three to five years’ experience in nursing education such as teaching or curriculum development
- Must hold practicing registration in good standing with BCCNP or be eligible for practicing registration with BCCNP
- Knowledge of health regulation including nursing standards of practice and entry-level competencies
- Ability to make decisions independently and collaborate with internal staff and a variety of external stakeholders
- Experience with project planning and evaluation
- Knowledge and ability to apply privacy and confidential principles
- Excellent oral, written and well-developed interpersonal communication skills
- Working level knowledge and experience using MS Office, client records management system. MS SharePoint experience an asset
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
As the successful candidate, you will enjoy a generous compensation and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date for applications is July 10, 2020.
To learn more about our organization, please visit www.bccnp.ca. Thank you for your interest in the BC College of Nursing Professionals.
While we appreciate all responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.