- Organization Ministry of Health - Access and Wait Times Branch
- Location Vancouver, BC or Victoria, BC
- Closing Date November 16, 2022
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.
This position may be performed in Vancouver or Victoria. Travel may be required to Victoria at ADM discretion to meet operational requirements.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here.
Bring your vision, leadership, and strategic skills to this challenging and important role!
Ministry of Health Overview
The Ministry of Health has overall responsibility for ensuring that quality, appropriate, cost-effective, and timely health services are available to all British Columbians.
Hospital and Provincial Health Services (HPHS) Division leads service transformation across the health sector. Bringing together key mandated initiatives and specialized services for priority populations to add enhanced value and focus for health sector areas requiring substantive change. HPHS is responsible for core service/policy development for specialized services namely wait times, surgical services, diagnostic imaging, specialized provincial services, acute care, quality care, and Medical Assistance in Dying (MAiD).
The Access and Wait Times (AWT) Branch within HPHS provides strategic direction, develops policies, as well as supports, monitors and evaluates programs to continue the improvement of quality surgical, gastrointestinal endoscopy and medical imaging services. AWT actively engages with health authorities on targeted programs and service delivery improvement initiatives delivered by the health authorities. They are also responsible for leading and monitoring the implementation and progress of the British Columbia government’s Commitment to Surgical Renewal which was announced May 7, 2020.
The Hospital Services Branch within HPHS provides strategic direction, develops policies, supports, monitors and evaluates programs regarding continuing improvement of quality hospital-based services. The Branch also includes the Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID) portfolio.
To direct a broad range of programs and/or services for a region or province and lead the planning, development and delivery of related policies and long-range strategic planning.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service – Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Charly.Leverman@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree (Master’s may be preferred) in business/public administration, health sciences, social work, social sciences, nursing, medicine or a related field and a minimum of 6 years of progressive and recent, related experience* OR
- Diploma in business/public administration, health sciences, social work, social sciences, nursing, medicine or a related field and a minimum of 7 years of progressive and recent, related experience* OR
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive and recent, related experience may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager for applicants with no formal post-secondary education*
*Recent related experience may include a combination of any of the following:
- Leading and directing or managing programs with high public profiles, large budgets and divergent stakeholder issues
- Leading and directing program evaluation and monitoring public programs
- Progressive leadership and experience working with and achieving business results with stakeholders with no direct reporting relationship
- Progressive leadership and experience on an executive or senior management team demonstrating collaboration and sensitivity to stakeholder perspectives
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Master’s degree in business/public administration, health sciences, social work, social sciences, nursing, medicine or a related field
- Health sector experience
- Social or public service programs experience
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.