Leader, Program Planning & Improvement – Accreditation
- Organization Fraser Health
- Location Surrey, BC
- Closing Date Open Until Filled
Relief Full Time opportunity for a Leader, Program Planning & Improvement to join our team at Central City Tower located in Surrey, BC.
Effective October 26th, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Responsible for planning, developing, implementing, monitoring and/or evaluating programs/services and clinical practice in support of program quality and patient safety strategies according to operational priorities; ensures that programs/services meet the needs of the target population(s) and are efficient and effective; leads the integration of evidence-based systems and tools with program/service improvement initiatives identified as priorities by the Program Leadership Team.
- Leads, plans, develops, implements and/or evaluates new or redesigned services/programs to support operational improvement priorities while ensuring alignment with other program operations and evidence-based practice protocols; incorporates change and/or project management methodologies into the new or redesign of existing programs to transform quality and safety in program service delivery, culture and system structure.
- Establishes framework, plan and objectives to outline operational improvement initiative outcomes; executes plans according to project methodologies ensuring completion and coordination of assigned initiatives; facilitates consensus with stakeholders as required and ensures new or redesigned program are ready for implementation.
- Provides consultation and advice to Program Leadership in the development and implementation of systems and processes to monitor and manage quality performance critical incidents, including client complaints; provides support and expertise in the development and implementation of related organizational effectiveness initiatives in accordance with Fraser Health’s strategic goals and operational initiatives; develops, implements and/or evaluates an education plan for quality improvements.
- Provides facilitation and coaching to clinical program/service teams to support the development, monitoring and analysis of key quality performance indicators for the assigned program/service by acting as a resource in the application of quality improvement knowledge and expertise to the assigned clinical program/service.
- Develops and/or recommends tools and mechanisms to measure, monitor and evaluate the progress and outcomes of clinical initiatives to improve the quality and safety of care, service delivery and utilization; provides support to those with operational accountability in the design of processes, systems and tools to collect information to assist in decision making, planning and continuous improvement; monitors outcomes and produces regular reports on the status of various initiatives.
- As required/appropriate, provides leadership to assigned project teams for key initiatives such as developing a project charter, project team composition and managing project deadlines and tasks; provides support to Program Leadership by identifying opportunities for improvement of organizational effectiveness within the various program/services.
- Promotes the transfer of knowledge derived from organizational and provincial collaborations into clinical improvement activities for the program; supports the extension of improvement efforts and initiatives to programs/services within Fraser Health.
- Links and networks with other health authorities, the Ministry of Health Services and other professional associations to keep current of relevant changes and innovations appropriate to program care.
Bachelor’s degree in a health-related discipline. Seven (7) years’ recent related clinical experience in a nursing and/or allied health care discipline in an acute health care environment including five (5) years’ recent related experience leading program development and/or quality improvement initiatives/projects, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes.
Skills and Abilities
Demonstrates the LEADS capabilities of Leads Self, Engages Others, Achieves Results, Develops Coalitions and supports Systems Transformation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement principles, methods and tools
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management and/or quality improvement methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the health care system, processes and function.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills including statistical analysis and evaluation methodology.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to organize workload and priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to develop and nurture an environment where quality improvement principles are embraced and used on a continuous basis.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to client-focused care.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.