Leader, Specialist Services Committee (SSC) Initiatives, Medicine, Quality and Safety
- Organization Vancouver Coastal Health
- Location Vancouver, BC
- Closing Date Open Until Filled
Work site: Regional Quality Improvement, 520 W 6th Ave, Vancouver, BC
Start date ASAP.
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Leader of Specialist Services Committee (SSC) to join the Medical Quality team.
As a Leader, Specialist Services Committee Initiatives, Medicine, Quality and Safety, you will:
- Support engagement between Specialists and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) through the development, implementation, management, and evaluation of initiatives or strategies that are financed by the Specialist Services Committee (SSC) embedded in VCH and Providence Health Care (PHC).
- Support the development and implementation of regional committees/work which may be formed to facilitate and prioritize region-wide strategies linked to SSC including but not limited to Facility/Community Engagement, Health System Redesign, Physician-Led Quality Improvement.
- Mantain partnerships between SSC, VCH and PHC to achieve deliverables and accountabilities.
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver’s North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in a discipline related to health, business, or economics.
- Five to seven years of recent, related experience in change management, organizational development and/or project management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s license as local area travel may require the use of a vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to provide senior advisory services and consultation to leaders throughout VCH PHC and SSC utilizing strong communication skills and the ability to persuade and influence.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize organizational development, quality improvement and change management principles and best practices to develop and oversee change initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to apply comprehensive knowledge and skill in operational management, change management and leadership development as well as an understanding of health care disciplines and networking abilities to provide high level consulting services.
- Demonstrated ability to apply superior judgment and political expertise to communicate sensitive information to, and collaborate with, a variety of internal and external stakeholders and across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize superior team building, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills to facilitate critical thinking and problem resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to foster creativity and innovation in strategic planning involving cultural shifts and large scale change.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and allocate resources to accomplish project plan objectives.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and facilitate and manage consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, as well as strong written skills including proven ability to develop clear, concise and comprehensive reports and other documents.
- Experience in quality improvement methodologies; working with physicians, healthcare providers, and support staff; and implementing change management strategies are assets.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Visit the Vancouver Coastal Health site to begin your application.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using the external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.