Leader, Strategic Initiatives
- Organization BC Patient Safety & Quality Council
- Location Within BC
- Closing Date November 21, 2019
Full-time term position until March 31, 2021
Location: Within BC
Approximate start date: Immediate
Reporting to the Director, Analytics & Strategic Initiatives, the leader works within the Analytics & Strategic Initiatives team to plan, implement, liaise and work collaboratively with key stakeholders internally and within the province to lead strategic initiatives. The role provides leadership and expertise on a range of projects of varying size and scope related to strategic priorities, including the development of key resources and papers, participation on provincial working groups, providing advice to health system partners, and supporting reviews and recommendations as requested by the Minister of Health. The position will initially focus on the facilitation of a process for developing provincial clinical standards to improve quality and outcomes.
- Develops networks to build engagement and participation with key stakeholders for strategic initiative work.
- Collaborates across boundaries and finds common ground with a wide range of stakeholders, including vendors, government agencies, professional associations, regulatory bodies and health authorities.
- Identifies key components and underlying issues and systematically analyzes problems and determines solutions.
- Synthesizes evidence and aligns multiple ideas and strategies to develop tools and resources to support strategic initiatives (including, but not limited to: reports, topic materials, web-based tools, position, policy and white papers and other documents).
- Works on all phases of project management (including, but not limited to: coordinating meetings, project planning, privacy impact assessments; CME/ethics applications; evaluation and monitoring of deliverables; presenting to internal and external audiences; preparing reports).
- Some travel in the province required.
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or a Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience plus five (5) years recent, related experience in the health care sector. Experience as a participant or leader on strategic initiatives, preferably focused on health care.
Practical experience leading multiple and complex projects.
Broad knowledge of the provincial and Canadian health care system; experience in managing multiple and complex projects; relevant project and/or program experience in a health related environment is preferred with a focus on strategic initiatives; value diversity and difference; operate with integrity and openness; understand complex project initiatives with diverse organizations, groups and individuals representing a wide spectrum of ideas and interests; communicate effectively, both verbally to small and large groups in a public forum, and in writing for publication; identify key components and underlying issues and systematically analyze the problem and determine cause/effect relationships and resolve problems in a sound decisive manner; build trust with key stakeholders and partners (health authorities, government, quality and safety organizations at the provincial and national level and others) to meet mutual goals; use a variety of styles and tactics appropriate to the context to influence thinking, attitudes and behaviours; ability to respond to the needs of stakeholders supported by an acute awareness of the impact of actions; problem solve with a global perspective in order to incorporate the organization’s systems and strategies when developing viable solutions to problems; establish courses of action for self and others that are results-oriented.
Send resume and cover letter by 1500 November 21, 2019 to:
Director, Analytics & Strategic Initiatives
Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration.