Local Network Coordinator
- Organization Rural Surgical and Obstetrical Networks (RSON) Local Working Group
- Location Port Alberni, BC
- Closing Date July 14, 2020
This career opportunity is posted on behalf of an external organization. Please read the job description for information about how to apply.
Position title: Rural Surgical and Obstetrical Networks (RSON) Local Network Coordinator – Port Alberni, BC
Position type: Contract
Employer: RSON Local Working Group
Hours: 0.5 FTE / 18.75 hours per week
Remuneration: $35-$40 per hour, depending on experience
Location: West Coast General Hospital (WCGH), Port Alberni, BC
Must be willing and able to travel for some meetings if needed. Flexible hours required. Occasional evening/morning/weekend meetings.
The RSON Local Network Coordinator in Port Alberni is a part-time contracted position. The Coordinator provides support to the Local Working Group for WCGH’s Rural Surgical and Obstetrical Network, and reports to the Clinical Lead for the network.
The Rural Surgical and Obstetrical Networks (RSON) initiative is a multi-organization effort to sustain the infrastructure of rural surgical and maternity programs and enhance rural health care. The Coordinator helps animate the collaborative partnerships that enable the network to function, liaising with stakeholders including physicians, nurses, and other health care practitioners, hospital and health authority administrators, UBC, and representatives from other organizations.
RSON has five component pillars through which it provides program activities. The Coordinator supports the work of each of the pillars, while also supporting the network as a whole. The five pillars are: Clinical Coaching, Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), Remote Presence Technology, Increased Scope and Volume, and Network Evaluation.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Be the primary contact for practitioners within the network
- Be the primary liaison with the RCCbc office
- Be the primary liaison with additional organizations, including UBC Continuing Professional Development (Clinical Coaching pillar) and the Centre for Rural Health Research (Evaluation pillar)
- Write proposals and reports for network activities
- Assist practitioners within the network with duties as required, including booking travel and accommodation, scheduling assistance for network activities, and claim forms for these activities
- Maintain and track financial accounts, and determine eligibility of reimbursement according to established policies and guidelines
- Keep track of financial claims including requisitions, invoices, and travel claims
- Send financial claims to [the host organization] for processing
- Coordinate and support full network meetings, including booking space, arranging catering, preparing agenda materials, and taking notes
- Maintain member distribution lists for various pillars and groups
- Provide local support for visits to [community] by visitors from RCCbc and the RSON pillars
- Coordinate local support for the ongoing activities of the RSON pillars, especially local coordination for the Clinical Coaching pillar
YOUR EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Proven ability and experience with project coordination
- Proven ability to write proposals and reports
- Demonstrated collaborative skills
- Demonstrated administrative skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of, interest in, and commitment to rural health services
- Experience working with health care providers and health authorities an asset
- Experience with financial processing and/or budgets an asset
- University degree preferred
- Computer skills required (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Candidate must be available to be in person in Port Alberni for various meetings
- Send Cover Letter and Resume to: Laura Cross, Project Manager, Island Health – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews