Physician QI Advisor, SSC Physician-Led Quality Improvement
- Organization VCH/PHC
- Location Flexible
- Closing Date January 31, 2021
Status: 0.5 day per week for a 1 year term subject to a 2 year extension
Through an innovative partnership formed in 2015 with the Specialist Services Committee (SSC), Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) and Providence Health Care (PHC) are undertaking an enhanced approach to quality improvement, which includes providing physicians an opportunity to lead quality initiatives.
The Physician QI Advisor has a mentoring role in physician led QI activities associated with the development, management, and evaluation of SSC Physician-Led Quality Improvement program within VCH/PHC. Activities may include but are not limited to, facilitating education sessions; engaging physicians to discuss, prioritize and act on system improvement opportunities; enabling health system improvement by supporting physicians in quality improvement initiatives; working alongside with a dedicated team of technical staff; and supporting physicians to deliver quality care by building physician capacity in leadership and QI skills. The Physician QI Advisor will communicate with and work with VCH/PHC leadership to ensure SSC Physician-Led QI activities are in alignment with operational goals and objectives.
- Provide one-on-one mentoring and coaching to Physician QI Leaders and the development of QI projects undertaken by Physician QI Leaders or other physicians.
- Advise on learning opportunities for the physicians of VCH/PHC to increase their capability for QI.
- Acts as a physician resource to navigate other physicians through the QI landscape at VCH/PHC.
- Acts as a leading QI expert to Physician QI Team members and through administration, program and data analysis is supported by the Physician QI team.
- Liaise with the physician and staff from Quality, Safety & Improvement as required to ensure a comprehensive and coherent approach to quality across the organization; and to identify areas of highest need for QI.
- When required, work collaboratively with other health authorities to share learnings and provide guidance on development and implementation of a Physician-Led QI model.
- The Physician QI Advisor will be a member of the Joint Steering Committee and may be asked to chair the SSC Physician-Led QI Steering Committee.
Ensures services of the SSC Physician-Led QI program within VCH/PHC are:
- Aligned with the criteria as determined by the SSC Physician-Led QI Steering Committee.
- Consistent with VCH/PHC operational goals and objectives.
- Effectively communicated to all stakeholders.
- Integrated within and across programs and services.
- Delivered in an effective and efficient manner.
This role is accountable to the VP Medicine, VCH and VP Medical Affairs, PHC with the work directed by the SSC Physician-Led QI Steering Committee.
- Medical Doctor in active clinical practice with current, or eligibility for, registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC.
- Active medical staff at VCH/PHC
- One year successful clinical experience, preferably within VCH/PHC.
- Demonstrated leadership skills (ability to lead teams and to promote teamwork)
- Ability to adapt readily to a rapid and changing environment and respond with initiative.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in motivating staff to be involved in continuous quality improvement.
- Candidates with executive or leadership training (e.g. MBA, Physician Management Institute or equivalent) will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively introduce and manage change that is consistent with the vision, purpose, and operating principles of the SSC Physician-Led QI Initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, develop, implement, manage, and evaluate programs.
- Excellent negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to relate effectively with clients, medical staff, and members of the interdisciplinary Physician QI Teams.
HOW TO APPLY
VCH is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGTBQIA2S+, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter by January 31, 2021 to: Kanako.Sato@vch.ca
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest and only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to confirm the receipt of individual applications or resumes.