Program Advisor, Physician Quality Improvement
- Organization Vancouver Coastal Health
- Location Vancouver
- Closing Date Open Until Filled
See the Original Posting and Apply Online at careers.vch.ca
Status: Temporary Full Time (1 year)
Work Site: Corporate Admin – 520 W 6th
Salary: $41.36 – $59.46 per hour
Start Date: As soon as possible
Come work as a Program Advisor, Physician Quality Improvement for Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Program Advisor to join the Physician Quality Improvement team. This is an exciting opportunity where you will play a key role to help physicians learn about quality improvement methodology and supporting them to improve care through teaching, project support, change management, facilitation, and many other ways. Apply today to join our team!
The Physician Quality Improvement initiative is a partnership between Vancouver Coastal Health, Providence Health Care and the Specialist Services Committee. Reporting to the Manager, Physician Quality, the Program Advisor plays a key role in the enrichment of an organization-wide improvement culture. The position works in partnership with medical and operational leaders across the health authority to provide leadership and expertise in the application of quality improvement principles, practices, and tools. The incumbent is an integral member of the interdisciplinary team that provides support to physicians and teams to improve patient outcome and quality. Key partnerships are with physician leads, executive, and senior level management across Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care, Quality and Patient Safety staff, Decision Support staff and interdisciplinary project team members.
As a Program Advisor, Physician Quality with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide expert advice related to the methods and tools of continuous quality improvement and their application within a complex and varied health system
- Support leaders and teams in the identification of opportunities to improve the care and quality as well as the design and implementation of strategies to make these improvements.
- Contribute to the development of the project charter through project scoping, metrics selection, etc. Executes project plan according to project methodologies, monitors progress and ensures successful and coordinated completion of project deliverables.
- Provide data support such as privacy assessment, data access, analysis and visualization.
- Provide leadership, facilitation, and coordination as required to organizational committees, improvement groups and operational/implementation groups.
- Develop educational programs and processes to build knowledge of systems, improvement, variation, and change management by conducting needs assessment.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver quality improvement education and training sessions in collaboration with subject matter experts.
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders to successfully complete projects and initiatives across VCH/PHC. Facilitates consensus with stakeholders as needed, and ensures readiness for project implementation.
- Work collaboratively with external stakeholders to successfully complete joint initiatives, both regionally and provincially.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Health Planning, Business Administration or Behavioural Sciences
- Supplemented by postgraduate course work in health care planning or health policy development and analysis.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience in senior level planning or program development in healthcare or social services, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (ASQ or recognized institution) or PMP/CaPM/PMI-SP are assets.
- In this role, travel within the local and geographic area may require the use of a vehicle.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is for approximately one year.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.