Program Assistant, Learning & Capability Development
- Organization BC Patient Safety & Quality Council
- Location Vancouver, BC
- Closing Date January 18, 2021
Our work leads to better health care for British Columbians. Using evidence-informed strategies, we shift culture, improve clinical practice and advance person- and family-centred care to support high-quality care for every person in our province.
We are looking for an energetic and skilled person to join our team. Our dynamic group at the BC Patient Safety & Quality Council develops and delivers educational programs to build improvement capacity in the province. We support health care personnel to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead improvement efforts, and need a Program Assistant to coordinate and support the delivery of these opportunities. The Program Assistant also provides confidential administrative support for the Director of Learning & Capability Development and contributes to the operations of the Council office alongside others in similar roles.
- Maintains a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the Director’s appointment schedules by determining urgency and nature of requests, scheduling and making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts. Coordinates appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements for Director’s attendance at conferences and meetings, confirms reservations, and establishes an itinerary.
- Responds to verbal and written communication and liaises internally and externally to respond to, share information, clarify details, and ensure follow-up by relevant personnel on emergent issues.
- Produces timely, accurate and well formatted documents using various word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software packages, including creation of tables, spreadsheets, presentations and reports. Enters and collects data and compiles relevant statistical information and reports. Drafts agendas, gathers background materials, attends and records proceedings, prepares and distributes minutes, and takes follow-up actions. Maintains a bring-forward system.
- Assists in budget development and monitors expenditures, authorizes expense reimbursements and invoices up to a pre-determined limit, and develops an expenditure tracking system for those expenditure invoices qualifying for reimbursements from various third parties. Completes purchase requisitions/online purchasing and forwards for processing, and ensures invoices are authorized for payment and submitted for payment.
- Completes and submits eForms for designated Leaders; processes timekeeping for assigned staff; and liaises with Finance, Payroll and Human Resources, as necessary.
- Provides project support, information research, tracks statistical data, and compiles and analyzes data involving new projects, and the interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to Grade 12 plus graduation from a formal secretarial program plus three (3) years recent related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively, resolve administrative issues/problems, prioritize workload, and to be flexible to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software, at an advanced level.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to respond professionally, courteously, and in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to record and transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Ability to type 60 words per minute.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by January 18, 2021 to:
Nancy Falconer | Director, Learning & Capability Development
email@example.com by January 18, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.