Project Coordinator, Analytics & Strategic Initiatives
- Organization BC Patient Safety & Quality Council
- Location Vancouver, BC
- Closing Date November 21, 2019
Full-time maternity leave term position until December 31, 2020 or return of incumbent
Location: Vancouver, BC
Approximate start date: Immediate
Reporting to the Director, Analytics & Strategic Initiatives, the Project Coordinator is actively involved in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of projects, and maintains primary project coordination responsibility. This includes the coordination of a diverse set of projects of varying size and scope in a complex environment. The role supports the team in collaborating with internal and external partners on ongoing programs and initiatives to improve the quality of health services.
- Coordinates the development and execution of projects, assuring they are developed and delivered in an efficient manner, that they adhere to Council policy, and that they are completed within the required timelines.
- Identifies, collects, and analyzes relevant information relating to current projects, and provides input and recommendations to project/program team for development, implementation, analysis, and policy/practice implications.
- Produces project updates for internal groups, external agencies, organizations, and other stakeholders. Assists with the dissemination of information and knowledge related to projects and key programs and initiatives under the identified mandate areas.
- Actively supports the management and facilitation of time-limited projects and programs to identify best practices.
- Coordinates the development of an evaluation framework by working with key stakeholders including patients, Ministry of Health and other relevant partners and referencing relevant evaluation literature.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Health or Social Sciences plus five (5) years in a research assistant, project coordinator, or policy analyst role in a health, social services, government, or community organization.
Knowledge of research, quality improvement and clinical practices relevant to the service/program area; health systems and policy; population health, prevention, and health promotion; and knowledge exchange.
Practical skills in project coordination/management, research and evaluation; relevant computer software applications; funding structures and application processes; training and education; policy review and analysis; and facilitation, community development, and partnerships.
Related experience in conducting literature searches and reviews, best practice reviews, policy analysis, working collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholder groups.
Qualities including: creativity and innovation; sound judgment; tact and diplomacy; ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a demanding and dynamic environment; sound negotiation, conflict management and consensus-building skills; excellent oral and written communications skills.
Send resume and cover letter by 1500 November 21, 2019 to:
Director, Analytics & Strategic Initiatives
Short-listed candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration.