Project Coordinator, Facility Engagement
- Organization Medical & Allied Staff and Engagement Society (MASES), BC Children’s and Women’s Hospital
- Location Vancouver, BC
- Closing Date August 14, 2020
This career opportunity is posted on behalf of an external organization. Please read the job description for information about how to apply.
Position title: Project Coordinator, Facility Engagement
Position type: One-year contract position with option to renew
Employer: Medical & Allied Staff and Engagement Society (MASES), BC Children’s and Women’s Hospital
Location: Vancouver, BC
Reporting directly to the MASES Project Manager and to the MASES Executive, the Program Coordinator provides primary coordination to MASES and any project or program of MASES.
The Program Coordinator, Facility Engagement, is responsible for coordinating, tracking, monitoring and reporting the status of the Society to internal and external stakeholders and, for suggesting and implementing changes to streamline processes.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
1. Program Coordination
- Provide overall coordination and support to the MASES and its programs and projects.
- Ensure program processes are consistent and in alignment with the provincial Facility Engagement Initiative, as appropriate.
- Support assigned projects and take initiative in developing appropriate tools to facilitate their effective organization and completion.
- Support the Executive in essential internal program leadership activities including administration, and organizational planning.
- Perform other duties as required.
2. Tracking and Reporting
- Support the Executive in its work plan and budget planning process.
- Track and monitor the status of the incorporation and funding arrangements.
- Track and prepare reports in the major areas of activity and project progress relating to physician engagement.
- Coordinate submitted projects/initiatives; analyze data and research; and advise on complex issues.
- Maintain records for financial reporting and analysis, as required.
- Summarize and reconcile all monthly transactions against bank and submitted billings for sessional payments and operational costs.
- Provide a weekly summary of activity/time to Project Manager and MASES Executive.
YOUR EDUCATION & SKILLS
- High school graduation supplemented by business and/or secretarial courses equivalent to up to one year of study, with at least 7 to 10 years related experience.
- Knowledge of BC’s health care system and experience working with specialist physicians, and/or experience working with facility-based physicians in hospitals would be considered an asset.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral communication and relationship management skills while working under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent judgment in setting priorities, identifying issues and determining action required.
- Strong minute-taking and transcribing skills.
- Excellent written skills and proven ability to develop clear, concise and comprehensive reports and correspondence.
- Organized, resourceful and efficient attributes with an outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately account and track claims and financial transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as needed, as well as an important member of the team.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite, Outlook, Excel (high level), Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SharePoint an asset. Website skills (especially WordPress) an asset.
Interested candidates can email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by August 14, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.