Project Coordinator, Patient & Public Engagement
- Organization BC Patient Safety & Quality Council
- Location Vancouver, BC
- Closing Date Open Until Filled
The BC Patient Safety & Quality Council supports those passionate about the health care system, from patients, family members and the public to practicing clinicians and administrators, to improve the quality of care for patients, residents and families. The Project Coordinator provides project support to patient and public engagement strategies including the Patient Voices Network (PVN) – a community of BC patients, families, caregivers and others who wish to use their experiences for positive change to the health care system that is part of the Ministry of Health’s Patients as Partners Strategy.
The Project Coordinator is actively involved in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation and maintains primary project coordination responsibility. Supports team efforts with internal and external partners on ongoing programs and initiatives to improve patient and public engagement efforts, in particular through the Patient Voices Network. Coordinates a diversity of projects of varying size and scope in a complex and changing multidisciplinary environment.
- Coordinates the execution of projects, assuring they are done in an efficient manner, that they adhere to project protocols, that they conform to applicable institutional and ethical policies and procedures and privacy legislation, and that they are completed within the required timelines.
- Manages the overall patient volunteer database including the identification, collection and analysis of relevant information, and provides input and recommendations to project/program team as well as to the PVN Oversight & Advisory Committee for ongoing improvement and program development.
- Develops project updates for internal groups, external agencies, organizations and other stakeholders. Assists with the dissemination of information and knowledge related to projects and key programs and initiatives under the identified mandate areas through a variety of vehicles.
- Actively supports the management and facilitation of time-limited projects and programs to identify best practice.
- Coordinates development of an evaluation framework by working with key stakeholders including patients, Ministry of Health and other relevant partners and referencing relevant evaluation literature.
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Health or Social Sciences plus five (5) years in a responsible research assistant, project coordinator or policy analyst role in a health, social services, government or community organization.
Knowledge of research, quality improvement and clinical practices relevant to the service/program area; health systems and policy; population health, prevention and health promotion; and knowledge exchange. Understanding of and practical skills in project coordination/management, research and evaluation; relevant computer software applications; Internet search engines, websites and navigation; funding structures and application processes; training and education; policy review and analysis; and facilitation, community development and partnerships. Related experience in conducting literature searches and reviews, best practice reviews, policy analysis, working collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholder groups. Qualities including: creativity and innovation; sound judgment; tact and diplomacy; ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a demanding and dynamic environment; sound negotiation, conflict management and consensus-building skills; excellent oral and written communications skills.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Director, Patient & Public Engagement
This position is open until filled.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted; others will be kept in our database for future consideration.