Project Manager, Facility Engagement
- Organization Saanich Peninsula Physician's Society
- Location Saanich, BC
- Closing Date Open Until Filled
Duration: 6-month contract position with option to renew
Hours: Approximately 7-10 hours per week, subject to change
Location: Home, Saanich Peninsula Hospital (Saanich, BC), other where appropriate
The Project Manager provides project support to the Board of Directors, Saanich Peninsula Physician’s Society (SPPS). The Project Manager supports the incorporation process, budgeting, proposal preparation, and accountability reports to stakeholders. This is done with a focus on improving collaboration and quality improvement with Health Authorities, consistent with the goals of the Facility Engagement Initiative. More information on the Facility Engagement Initiative, the Memorandum of Understanding: Regional and Local Engagement can be found here.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
At the direction of the Board of Directors, the Project Manager:
- Supports the development and implementation of structures, processes and programs that support the SPPS to prepare to meet their funding criteria as per the Memorandum of Understanding: Regional and Local Engagement.
- Assists with the preparation and implementation of governance, operational structures and processes in alignment with the provincial Facility Engagement Initiative, as appropriate.
- Provides direct support to the SPPS in developing effective engagement processes and lines of communication among the medical staff of Saanich Peninsula Hospital in Saanich, BC.
- Coordinates submitted projects/initiatives; analyzes data; researches and advises on complex issues.
- Tracks and prepares reports on the major areas of activity and project progress relating to physician engagement.
- Maintains records for financial reporting analysis, as required.
- Facilitates the administration of contracts and agreements with local structures and other resources as required.
- Attends SPPS meetings, meetings with Health Authority Representatives, and Saanich Peninsula Hospital Medical Staff events when needed.
- Communicates with and among the SPPS members, directors and others, as required to follow up on action items and develop strategies to address issues.
- Liaises with the SPPS Facility Engagement Lead on matters related to the operations, projects and programs of the SPPS as appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in disciplines such as health administration, health policy, and/or community development.
- At least 5 to 10 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of health regions and acute-based health care services. Experience working with physicians and health authorities preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with experience in leading complex change.
- A solid track record in stakeholder engagement and experience working with multiple stakeholders and groups.
- Experience with quality improvement and evaluation.
- Diplomatic problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Exceptional organizational, delegation, presentation, communication, facilitation, and relationship-building skills.
- Project and budget management experience.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, meet tight deadlines and work independently, as well as in
a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Must be willing and able to travel: valid driver’s license required, and access to a car preferred. Evening meetings and/or overnight stays will likely be required.
- Project Management
- Sound analytical, problem solving, and project coordination skills.
- Collaborative Leadership
- Promotes and generates cooperation to achieve a collective outcome; fosters the development of a common vision and fully participates in creating a unified leadership team that gets results.
- Conflict Management
- Brings substantial conflicts and disagreements into the open and attempts to manage them collaboratively to build consensus.
- Team Leadership
- Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties; works cooperatively with others to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Drive for Results
- Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Strategic Perspective
- Develops and communicates a compelling and credible vision of the future for members of the medical staff. Focuses on the long-term success of the organization as a community. Shares the vision, values and organization plan with all stakeholders, and integrates and represents fairly the needs and desires of all stakeholders.
- Building Strategic Alliances
- Has knowledge and skills to engage internal and external stakeholder analysis and to negotiate agreements and alliances based on full understanding of politics.
Interested candidates can email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.