Vancouver Physician Staff Association
Open until filled
Full-Time Contract Position (35 hours/week)
Facility Engagement is a joint provincial initiative originating from the 2014 Physicians Master Agreement. Six Health Authorities, Doctors of BC and the BC Ministry of Health are involved. The initiative aims to strengthen relationships and engagement between health authorities and facility-based physicians.
The Vancouver Physician Staff Association (VPSA) Facility Engagement Initiative (FEI) serves physicians including community physicians with privileges at VGH, UBCH and GF Strong. Its goal is to create physician collaboration across departments and sites as well as with Health Authority leadership.
The FEI also seeks to develop the “physicians’ voice” and assure active physicians’ participation in decision making around issues that matter to them, be it quality of patient care, working environment and resources allocation. More information on the Facility Engagement Initiative, the 2014 Memorandum of Understanding: Regional and Local Engagement can be found here.
The goal of this position is to provide administrative support to the Board of Directors, the VPSA Engagement Working Group (EWG) and its subcommittees. Administrative support will be extended to related projects and engagement activities lead by the EWG and/or subcommittees.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors, the Engagement Working Group and its subcommittees as well as the individual project teams charged with delivering on the members’ priorities:
- Scheduling meetings as required. This includes sending meeting invitations with relevant attachments, tracking RSVPs, booking rooms, A/V equipment, and catering requirements.
- Preparing agenda materials (photocopying, mailing, couriering, and emailing) relating to meetings and/or projects, for distribution to meeting participants.
- Provide clerical support:
- Taking minutes at Board of Directors meetings as well as meetings of the Engagement Working Group, subcommittees and engagement projects.
- Support and attend engagement events:
- Providing support for organization and execution of engagement social venues.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school graduation supplemented by business and/or secretarial courses equivalent to up to one year of study with at least 3-5 years related experience.
- MS Office suite, Outlook, Excel (high level), Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Google Drive & electronic surveys an asset.
- Strong minute taking and transcribing skills.
- Excellent written skills and proven ability to develop clear, concise and comprehensive reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively organize multiple meetings.
- Organized, resourceful and efficient with an outstanding attention to detail.
- Able to accurately account and track claims and financial transactions.
- Ability to set up and maintain electronic and paper files.
- Strong interpersonal, oral communication and relationship skills.
- Excellent judgment in setting priorities, identifying issues and determining action required.
- Capable of working under pressure and deadlines.
- Proven ability to multi-task, as the position requires flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as needed but also as an important member of the team.
Interested candidates can email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.