Unleashing Creative Action
Wednesday November 30 | 0900 – 1530 | Vancouver, BC
Ever notice that the best ideas often come from unexpected sources? And that when you feel included and engaged, you do a better job? Do you think teams in which people work well together produce much better results? Do you want to work at the top of your intelligence in a group of people and give the same opportunity to others? If you answered yes to these questions, then Liberating Structures are for you.
Liberating Structures are a series of simple facilitation techniques that allow teams to quickly move past tricky problems or long-standing issues by inviting everyone to think creatively and focus on opportunities for innovation. Whether you are front-line staff or a senior leader, these techniques can help spark new ideas in your teams.
Liberating Structures are:
- Expert-less: requires only a few minutes to introduce; novices can succeed after a first experience
- Results-focused: likely to generate better-than-expected purposeful results
- Rapid cycling: fast iterative rounds are very productive
- Seriously fun: boosts joy, freedom & responsibility
- Inclusive: together, everyone is invited to shape next steps
- Multi-scale: works for everyday solutions, projects, strategy, movements
- Self-spreading: simple to copy without formal training
- Modular: the parts can be combined & recombined endlessly
Learning objectives for this one-day workshop include:
- Experience 9 aids to facilitate change and improvement in complex environments
- Use liberating structures to engage your team in solving challenging problems
- Co-create a ‘learn by doing’ atmosphere
- Identify opportunities these aids could be utilized in your own community or work environment
$100 per person. Space is limited.