Led by the Canadian Patient Safety Institute, Canadian Patient Safety Week takes place October 26 to 30 and aims to increase awareness of patient safety and the role that patients and health care professionals can play in reducing harm and making patient safety a priority.
This year’s Canadian Patient Safety Week theme is Virtual Care is New to Us. Only 10% of Canadians have experience with virtual care1, but 41% would like to have virtual visits with their healthcare providers2. Whether you’re a health care provider, leader or member of the public, take this opportunity to learn how to make the most of virtual appointments, conquer silence and work together for better health for us all.
How to Get Involved
Here are some ways you can participate in Canadian Patient Safety Week:
- Listen to the award-winning PATIENT podcast.
- Join the conversation on social media using the hashtag #ConquerSilence.
- Download a communications toolkit to help promote this campaign.
- Access and share virtual care resources and free digital downloads.
- Attend two webinars:
- Virtual Care. Recommendations for Scaling Up Virtual Medical Services [Internet]. 2020 Feb; cited 2020 Oct 2. Available from: https://bit.ly/2IKNlBc
- Virtual Care. Recommendations for Scaling Up Virtual Medical Services [Internet]. 2020 Feb; cited 2020 Oct 2. Available from: https://bit.ly/2IKNlBc;
Virtual Visits. Literature Summary [Internet]. 2020 May; cited 2020 Oct 2. Available from: https://bit.ly/3kpAB0w