Don’t miss Health Talks on February 21! We begin the night with a ceremony to recognize the winners of our 2018 Quality Awards. Then eight speakers will share their hopes for health care, using 20 visual slides for 20 seconds each. This year’s speakers include:
- Bruce Campana, emergency physician
- Cari Taylor, non-profit professional
- Colin Ross, geneticist and researcher
- Duane Jackson, patient partner
- Jessica Hannon, executive director of Megaphone Magazine
- Mustafa Ahmed, Leader of Diversity Services at Fraser Health
- Ranj Singh, Indo-Folk singer
We’re also excited to announce the winner of the Health Talks Student Contest, Candy Tran! Each year the judges for the Health Talks Student Contest have a difficult task: choosing a single winner from many inspiring and exceptional entries. This year, the submissions were especially excellent, but one entry stood out to the judges.
Candy is a third-year nursing student at BCIT. When she’s not working toward her dream of being a pediatric nurse, she’s leading a philanthropic initiative called Knit It Forward that provides scarves to homeless individuals. In December 2017, Knit It Forward distributed more than 450 scarves across Metro Vancouver.
Get to know all our speakers, including Candy, and get your tickets for Health Talks! Tickets are only $15, but they’re going fast. Health Talks is open to anyone, and registration for the full Quality Forum isn’t required.