The Canadian Institutes of Health Research’s Health System Impact Fellowship provides doctoral trainees and post-doctoral fellows studying health services and policy research with opportunities to apply their research and analytic talents to critical challenges in the health care system.
We’re inviting post-doctoral candidates to send us their expressions of interest in creating a fellowship application. The fellowship is a chance to co-create a program of work that will contribute to health system improvement. Fellows develop skills and networks through hands-on work as well as training and mentorship within the fellowship program. It is a unique opportunity for post-doctoral candidates to be embedded with us while advancing their academic interest areas and directly supporting health system improvement.
Potential Areas of Interest
The specific program of work will be developed as part of the fellowship application and may include strategy development, stakeholder engagement, data analysis, program evaluation, impact assessment and/or measure development. We have several potential priority areas that would be well suited for a fellow to contribute to including:
- Patient-Reported Outcome Measures: Embedding and translating PROMs data into clinical practice change and improvement
- Economic impact and evaluation: Assessing interventions and investments in health care improvement
- Appropriateness: Assessing and exploring opportunities for addressing appropriateness in advancing quality of care in British Columbia
- Value-based health care: Determining and assessing approaches to embedding value-based health care into health care system planning and improvement
- Assessing macro-level approaches to change management and improvement
How to Apply
We invite interested candidates to send us an expression of interest with a general introduction and purpose statement, your professional CV and “relevant accomplishments and abilities.” More details about the expression of interest and the full fellowship application process can be found on the CIHR Partner Linkage Tool. Contact us with any questions about the fellowship opportunity, a potential program of work or to submit an expression of interest!