NSQIP Reports & Resources
Latest report: NSQIP in BC (2011-2015)
This review examines the change in NSQIP data from 2011 to 2015 with the goal of quantifying improvements efforts. The primary focus was to assess changes in adverse outcomes; examine system capacity gained through reductions in length of stay, readmission, and reoperations; and describe organizational characteristics around data sharing and communication. With these results, the aim is to develop a stronger understanding of how the NSQIP data are used, suggest key areas where future surgical improvement efforts can take place, and accelerate the success of the NSQIP program moving forward.
- Tackling Complex Problems with Team-Based Solutions: NSQIP in BC 2014
- NSQIP 2.5 years after start-up: Is it worth it?
- Download a presentation you can use to share the “NSQIP 2.5 years” report with your teams!
Links of Interest
- Local BC Surgical Teams Among the Best Performers in North America
- Review of existing surgical improvement programs internationally:
“A Surgical Quality Improvement Program for BC: Choosing A Surgical Measurement Tool”
- American College of Surgeons NSQIP
- Michigan Surgical Quality Collaborative
- Florida Surgical Care Initiative
At a Glance