Teamwork & Communication Action Series
How we work as a team and communicate with each other are essential elements of a healthy culture. Improving non-technical skills such as how we communicate, how we respond to the environment around us, and how we work together in a team are crucial for achieving high quality patient care.
We’re inviting teams from across BC to improve patient outcomes and team culture by enhancing teamwork and communication. Starting on January 25, 2018, we will be meeting virtually for a series of five learning and action-based webinars over 13 weeks to help ignite change.
Ready to dive in? Submit an expression of interest by December 1, or attend one of three information webinars:
- Thursday November 9, 1400-1500 PST
- Thursday, November 16, 1400-1500 PST
- Thursday, November 23, 1400-1500 PST
What is an action series?
- Five interactive webinars teaching new skills and techniques for your team to employ in improving teamwork and communication
- Webinars are followed by three-week action periods, during which teams translate theory into practice
- Participating teams share their results from each action period with each other
- Virtual support is available to teams during the action periods
Why should I participate?
- There is strong evidence that effective teamwork is associated with better patient outcomes
- The Joint Commission identified communication breakdown as the most common cause in 63% of adverse events
- This webinar series will provide practical training for you and your team to improve its teamwork and communication
- All teams will be awarded a certificate of completion, after fulfilling the requirements of the action series
How can my team participate?
To participate, submit your team’s information through our Expression of Interest form. Due to the high demand for this Action Series, there will be a selection process for teams.
Teams should include between four and eight people, and must include two or more disciplines in order to participate. Consider including:
Teams must attend all five webinars, and commit to practicing within your team and sharing across teams between action periods.
How much does it cost?
Nothing! This is a free opportunity for teams across BC.
What will my team learn?
By participating in the action series, you and your team members will learn to…
- Recognize the importance of team culture and non-technical skills
- Identify elements that contribute to successful communication
- Use new and effective tools to enhance teamwork and communication within your team
- Explore ways to effectively navigate conflict with others
- Apply foundational leadership skills for culture change
How can I learn more?
Still have questions? Email email@example.com or call 604-668-8246.