Advancing the Surgical Quality Agenda in BC
|When||February 8, 2019, 8:30am to 4:30pm|
|Where||Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront, Vancouver BC|
|Cost||Registration is free, however participants will be responsible for travel and accommodation.|
Join the Surgical Quality Action Network for a free interactive and action-oriented day aimed at improving the quality of care for surgical patients across the province.
Building on the provincial Surgical Services Strategy and Surgical Action Plan, we will come together for a dive deep into a number of opportunities to improve patient care, including:
- Spotlighting and spreading successful local surgical quality and safety initiatives from the local to the provincial;
- Exploring how to leverage data to inform surgical quality improvement;
- Learning about the Measurement System for Physician Quality Improvement, a partnership between Doctors of BC and Ministry of Health and its initial focus on surgery;
- Aligning, focusing and energizing our efforts through the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP), patient-reported experience measures (PREMs)/patient reported outcome measures (PROMS), appropriateness, and more; and
- Networking and connecting with colleagues from across the province.
Registration is free, however participants will be responsible for travel and accommodation. A light breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks will be provided. This will be a patient partners-included event. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Jennie Aitken at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of British Columbia Division of Continuing Professional Development (UBC CPD) is fully accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Continuing Medical Education (CACME) to provide study credits for continuing medical education for physicians. This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and has been approved by UBC CPD for up to 6.5 MOC Section 1 Group Learning credits. Each physician should claim only those credits he/she actually spent in the activity.SQAN Day Program
Meeting Registration Form
Thank you for your interest in registering. Due to overwhelming interest, the event is currently at capacity. If you would like to be added to a wailist please contact Meagan Brown at email@example.com