Our Clinician Fellowship in Health Care Quality program is accepting applications again!
You’re invited to a one-hour information session to learn about the Clinician Fellowship in Health Care Quality program. The session will cover an overview of the fellowship as well as its application and selection process. Hosted by Andrew Wray, Executive Director, Learning, Analytics & Strategic Initiatives; Dave Sweet, Executive Medical Director; and Anish Mitra, one of our current fellows!
This exciting opportunity to become a fellow with our organization begins in fall 2022. The program will support physicians or nurse practitioners to advance their expertise in quality and patient safety while contributing to province-wide initiatives that are seeking to improve the quality of care in our health system.
The Fellowship Experience
The fellowship is a year-long, immersive experience focused on developing the knowledge, skills and confidence of two early-career clinicians to:
- Design, plan and implement quality and safety initiatives in health care;
- Create and strengthen networks and relationships with leaders in quality across BC, Canada and internationally;
- Build working knowledge of system re-design, quality improvement, role of policy in advancing quality and implementation science; and
- Navigate the complexities of engaging and leading change across organizations.
Together with Michael Smith Health Research BC, fellows will have access to a network of scholars and researchers with a focus on learning health systems, patient-oriented research, health care quality and patient safety. This partnership also provides fellows with the opportunity to receive mentorship and guidance with regards to publication and research activities linked to the projects in which they’re involved.
Additional benefits of the fellowship include:
- Working on one of our provincial initiatives;
- Receiving mentorship from clinical leaders and experts who have led initiatives to improve the quality of care;
- Engaging with a range of health care system stakeholders;
- Linking to a provincial and global network of improvement leaders; and
- Exploring opportunities to publish their work.
No registration required.
Zoom Meeting Information
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 680 2282 6041
One tap mobile
8557038985,,68022826041#,,,,*196724# Canada Toll-free
Dial by your location: 855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free
Find your local number: https://bcpsqc.zoom.us/u/ggWeXIVX1