The COVID-19 pandemic response created both challenges and opportunities for the Holy Family Rehabilitation program focused on optimizing patients’ functional outcomes following acute conditions. With optimization of infection control practices and ever-changing information, new ways of meeting the rehabilitation needs of both inpatients and outpatients were discussed and implemented by Holy Family’s interdisciplinary leadership team.
In this webinar, you will learn how the rehabilitation leadership team:
- Assisted with the pandemic response planning
- Redesigned and tested innovative practices
- Focused on safety and quality during the recovery planning
COVID-19 Through a Quality Lens is a series of distinct webinars, each one highlighting important learning that has emerged from a quality perspective during the health care response to the pandemic. As the province prepares for a potential second wave of COVID-19, the series aims to mobilize critical knowledge and enhance the understanding of the new normal moving forward.
Speakers from different areas of the health care system will share several insights around the impacts of COVID-19 in their respective areas of care, including:
- Challenges that emerged as a result of the pandemic
- How any changes in the system impacted the quality of care
- What improvements to care were realized
- What improvements can be sustained and widespread
Evan H. Kwong
Medical Site Lead – Holy Family Hospital Rehabilitation
Head – Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Providence Health Care
Interim Manager, Holy Family Hospital Rehabilitation
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Medicine, Providence Health Care