|When||December 4, 2018, 8:30am to 4:30pm|
|Where||BC Patient Safety & Quality Council|
This event is now sold out! Email us to be added to the waitlist.
Measurement and the effective use of data are cornerstones of any improvement effort, from incremental changes to radical transformations, but it can be difficult to know where to begin.
This workshop explores how data can be used to drive the improvements we wish to see – setting up measurement systems that work, analyzing data to uncover new insights and monitoring improvements over time.
Not a technical person? Don’t worry, this workshop isn’t about crunching numbers in Excel or using statistical software. Instead, we take a practical, hands-on approach to exploring how data can be used to answer questions, understand problems and drive meaningful change.
By the end of this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the different purposes of measurement
- Explain how measurement supports improvement efforts
- Define key measures for an improvement initiative
- Examine variation to gain a deeper understanding of a system
- Use visual displays to analyze data and monitor improvement over time
- Interpret data to generate new insights to guide improvement efforts