Do you know how many patients are harmed every day in hospitals in Canada and the US? What are the risks to you and your family?
The BCIT School of Health Sciences invites you to an exclusive advanced screening of To Err is Human, a documentary about the silent epidemic of medical mistakes, and those working tirelessly behind the scenes to fix it. As the only place in the province with the rights to hold an advanced screening, you won’t want to miss out.
Following the screening, a panel of experts will discuss, debate and debrief the nature of medical mistakes and how they impact patient safety.
Drinks and snacks will be provided.
- Intro to the film – 2:30-2:40 PM
- Movie – 2:45-4:00 PM
- Panel discussion – 4:05-4:30 PM
- Dr. Robert Amyot (President, CAE Healthcare)
- Mary Lou Hurley (Director, Quality, Safety & Accreditation, BC Cancer – PHSA)
- Anne MacLaurin (Senior Program Manager, Canadian Patient Safety Institute)
- Meena Amlani (Faculty, Medical Radiography, BCIT)
- Anthony Chan (PhD, PEng, CEng, CCE, Program Head, Biomedical Engineering, BCIT)
- Kal Randhawa (Faculty, Medical Laboratory Science, BCIT)