What Happens When Imaging Is Ordered and Used Appropriately?
- Waitlists for imaging are shorter
- Patients undergo the right tests and experience less harm
- Patients are exposed to less radiation
- Emergency departments become less congested
- Critical imaging tests are available when we most need them
- Coordination of care is improved
- Patients are introduced to alternative care options
Appropriate medical imaging is a cornerstone of quality care. Canadian studies suggest a wide variation in inappropriate medical imaging rates, ranging up to 24%.
Imaging is an invaluable resource and we want to ensure that it is available for those that need it the most!
Support Along Your Journey
Clinical resources and tools to support medical imaging!