Engage to Improve: Creative Solutions for Working Better Together
April 19, 2018 | 0900 – 1600 | $100+GST | Victoria, BC
Ever notice that the best ideas often come from the most unexpected sources? And that when you feel included and engaged, you want to do the best job possible? Do you think the teams in which all members make valuable contributions produce much better results? Do you want to surface the best ideas for the problems you’re facing today? If you answered yes to these questions, then Liberating Structures are for you.
Liberating Structures are a series of seriously fun and engaging facilitation techniques that can be used in your meetings, training sessions, presentations, etc. They allow teams to move past tricky problems or long-standing issues by inviting everyone to think creatively and focus on opportunities for innovation. Whether you work at the point of care or at an organizational level, this workshop provides a valuable opportunity to practice these techniques that can help spark new ideas in your teams.
Liberating Structures are:
- Expert-less: requires only a few minutes to introduce; novices can succeed after a first experience
- Results-focused: likely to generate better-than-expected purposeful results
- Rapid cycling: fast iterative rounds are very productive
- Seriously fun: boosts joy, freedom & responsibility
- Inclusive: together, everyone is invited to shape next steps
- Multi-scale: works for everyday solutions, projects, strategy, movements
- Self-spreading: simple to copy without formal training
- Modular: the parts can be combined & recombined endlessly
Learning objectives for this one-day workshop include:
- Use seven tools to facilitate change and improvement in complex environments
- Use Liberating Structures to engage your team in solving challenging problems
- Identify opportunities to use these tools in your own community or work environment
- Co-create a “learn by doing” atmosphere
Next offering: April 19, 2018 in Victoria. Register now!
The Learning Team