How to Nominate
Here are the key steps you’ll need to follow when submitting a nomination. If you have questions, you can check out our frequently asked questions or contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.668.8210). We also have a list of tips for making your nomination stand out.
Nominations for the 2020 Quality Awards are closed.
Review the award categories and select the one that best suits the person or project you want to nominate.
There is no limit to the number of submissions you can make, but a person or project can only be nominated in one category. If the project or the person’s work covers more than one area of care, you will need to decide which category is most suitable.
Log into our online award submission platform and complete the nomination form for your chosen category.
- Note that each answer area of the form includes a word count limit.
- Each nomination is evaluated according to a 50-point scoring framework.
- Evidence (qualitative and/or quantitative) of improvements to the quality of care provided is critical to the evaluation process.
- Quality is defined through the lens of the BC Health Quality Matrix.
- Please explain the project simply so that it can be understood by someone who does not work within the health system. Please do not use acronyms.
- When you have prepared your nomination, we recommend asking someone else to check it for spelling and grammatical errors. Up to 5 points (or 10% of your final score) will be awarded for the quality of your submission.
- Need an example? Here is the nomination from 2018’s Staying Healthy award winner.
You are welcome to attach appendices such as charts, reports, etc.
You must combine your appendices into one single document (Word or PDF) that is no more than three 8.5″ x 11″ pages total. (So, for instance, you could include a maximum of three one-page appendices or one three-page appendix.) Please do not include posters unless they are resized to fit on an 8.5″ x 11″ page. If you submit more than three pages of appendices, the judging panel will only read the first three pages.
Complete your submission by Friday, July 12, 2019.
You will receive a confirmation email when your submission is received. If you have questions or do not receive a confirmation, contact 604.668.8210 or email@example.com.