COVID-19 Through a Quality Lens: Medical Imaging – A Person- and Family-Centred Approach to COVID-19
COVID-19 Through a Quality Lens: Medical Imaging – A Person- and Family-Centred Approach to COVID-19 | 2020-07-23
Like all programs in health care, medical imaging was challenged to react rapidly to Phase 1 isolation as part of BC’s Restart Plan during COVID-19, and then pivot regularly to accommodate new information and data. In order to collectively respond, anticipate and standardize care, the medical imaging community developed a holistic and patient-centered plan that embraced the complex nuances of a pandemic.
In this webinar, you will learn how medical imaging:
- Redesigned department workflow.
- Monitored and developed imaging priority testing and real-time wait list management.
- Developed strategies to better understand and respond to patient anxiety about returning to hospital during Phase 2.
Clinical Lead, Essential Imaging, BC Patient Safety & Quality Council
Head, Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia
Acting Director, Health System Improvement, BC Patient Safety & Quality Council
- Provincial Guidance for Medical Imaging Services within British Columbia During the COVID-19 Pandemic Phases
- BCPSQC Medical imaging during COVID-19 resource
- BCPSQC Medical Imaging resource
- UBC Radiology COVID-19 Grand Round Series
- upcoming UBC Radiology COVID-19 Grand Round Series Webinar (July26,2020)