Font Size: •
“Current Sepsis Management” podcast lecture series by Emanuel Rivers
Emanuel Rivers brought the concept of aggressive therapies for sepsis down to the Emergency Department with his seminal article on EGDT published in the NEJM in 2001.
- Prehospital Antibiotics
- Comparison between the original EGDT Study and the Jones study (showing the non-inferiority of the non-invasive approach).
- Alactemic Septic Shock
- CVP and Fluid Responsiveness
- Should End-Stage Renal Failure patients get lots of fluids?
- Should we be using albumin?
- Should vasopressin be a first line pressor?
- Steroids/Etomidate (See a paper by Dr. Marik on steroids in sepsis)
- Protein C?
- Can you do EGDT in small community EDs?
- How do you handle the tachycardic patient with severe sepsis?
- Steroids in the ED?