Tools for Teams: Exploring Psychological Safety
Team Up! Team-Based Primary & Community Care in Action is a webinar and podcast series that aims to connect individuals and teams, identify tools to apply to current work underway and share experiences in team-based care across the province.
Download Slides Here
Psychological safety is a critical, yet often overlooked element in high-functioning teams. The creative thinking, meaningful engagement and collaboration needed for high quality team-based care are only possible when trust and safety are present in a team environment. In our April webinar, our presenters take a deep dive into psychological safety and how it can make (or break) a team.
- Recognize the impact of culture on health care
- Identify non-technical skills and their importance in health care
- Define psychological safety
- Recognize contributors and effects of psychological safety:
- Power distance index
- Mitigated speech
- Relate your experience(s) with team-based care to others working in primary and community care teams across BC.
- Identify opportunities for strengthening team-based care at your local sites.