Welcome to the medical imaging resources page, where you can find tools to support essential imaging. For more information, visit our Medical Imaging homepage. Plus, we’ve launched our Essential Imaging Initiative designed to help teams initiate, implement and spread best practices. Click here to get involved.
Learn from Past Webinars
Pathways is an online resource that allows GPs and nurse practitioners and their office staff to quickly access current and accurate referral information and wait times for specialists and specialty clinics.
- This Ultrasound Prioritization BC Guideline summarizes suggested wait times for common indications where ultrasound is the recommended first imaging test.
- The purpose is to inform primary care practitioners of how referrals are prioritized by radiologists, radiology departments and community imaging clinics across the province.
Lower Mainland Medical Imaging MRI Central Intake is a central intake office to direct outpatient MRI referrals for 11 MRI sites across the lower mainland.
- Central intake allows patients to be booked at the most appropriate lower mainland MRI site with the shortest wait time.
- Referring clinicians can indicate a preferred MRI site on the requisition if desired.
BC Guidelines are an online resource for clinical practice guidelines, recommendations and protocols to BC practitioners on delivery quality and appropriate care with specific health issues.
- “Made in BC” clinical practice guidelines are primarily for BC physicians, nurse practitioners and medical students.
- Health educators, health authorities, allied health organizations, pharmacists, patients and nurses can also find them useful.
- Guidelines specific to diagnostic imaging can be found at: Diagnostic Imaging.
- Guidelines specific to appropriate imaging can be found at: Appropriate Imaging for Common Situations in Primary and Emergency Care.
- Guidelines specific to MRI Prioritization: These guidelines advise referring practitioners on the priority level and appropriateness of imaging for common clinical indications for MRI. Click here to access the guidelines.
- Guidelines specific to CT prioritization. These guidelines advise referring practitioners on the priority level and appropriateness of imaging for common clinical indications for CT. Click here to access these guidelines.