Teamwork & Communication
How we work as a team and communicate with each other are essential elements of a healthy culture. Improving non-technical skills such as how we communicate, how we respond to the environment around us, and how we work together in a team are crucial for achieving high quality patient care.
In 2017, we launched a Teamwork & Communication Action Series to help teams:
- Recognize the importance of team culture and non-technical skills
- Identify elements that contribute to successful communication
- Use new and effective tools to enhance teamwork and communication within your team
- Explore ways to effectively navigate conflict with others
- Apply foundational leadership skills for culture change
Wave 1 is complete, and its action series resources are archived below, while Wave 2 is currently underway.
Wave 1 Evaluation
The purpose of this evaluation is to examine participant feedback and pre-post outcomes of the first Teamwork and Communication Action Series offered by the Council, as well as to understand key lesson. Ultimately, this evaluation seeks to answer the following questions:
- Did the content and delivery of the Action Series provide value to participants?
- What immediate impact did the Action Series have on the way they work together, communicate, navigate conflict, and trust each other?
- What improvements could be made to the structure of the Action Series which could be utilized for future Action Series?