Our Summer Student Internships in Quality & Safety support future improvement leaders by teaming them up with quality and safety experts to gain real world experience.
Submit your project proposal aimed at improving the health care system for a chance to have a fully funded intern on your project team!
- Selected projects are evaluated based on criteria including patient impact, team composition, scope and educational benefit for the student
- Any team from a publicly-funded health care organization can apply
- Projects should have a clearly defined role for the intern and offer a meaningful learning opportunity about the process of improving health care quality
Spend your summer gaining real world experience working on a project to improve health care quality in BC! Our annual summer student internship program will embed 10 students in multidisciplinary teams across the province. Applications will open in March!
- Building your capacity as a future quality improvement leader through education and hands-on experience
- Work up to 225 paid hours through the summer
- All undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply
- Receive additional funding to support the dissemination of your results
In June, a Student Education Day open to interns and all other students provides a free opportunity to learn the fundamentals of how to make changes in a complex system.
From June to August, interns are paid up to a maximum of 225 hours of work. During this time, interns report directly to a supervisor on the project team and are supported through regular check-ins with a Council staff member. After the internship, students are encouraged to share the findings of their projects at conferences or through publication. Further funding is provided to support this dissemination of their results.